10

Forgiveness has to do with yourself, not the person that should be asking for it. Of course you can forgive. Even when they aren't asking for it, in the grand scheme of things, you know they most likely secretly want to.

To me, forgiving is similar to letting go. I accept that things are not, may never be, perfect, and I even accept that some people that I love might not listen to me, don't agree with my views, or--apparently--don't care about my feelings. I can still disagree with the behavior. I can still want things my way and I can still expect good treatment from others. If this doesn't happen, I can explain my feelings to them, I can find better friends or lovers, or I can let it go (re-examine my own hang-ups), which to you I guess means simply moving on. I don't see any real difference between it and forgiveness.